If you like Korean dramas, music or food then you would be equally impress with their diligent skincare regiment. Koreans are known for their skin and what they excel most is in the area of hydration. If you see Hallyu stars or Korean celebrities, you will see that often their skin is very dewy and moisturized, almost "baby-like" which give them a healthy youthful glow. If you are looking to capture that soft and supple skin, I want to introduce to you a line called AMOREPACIFIC which I have been using since last winter as a solution to dry dehydrated skin.
I have to admit that I was never into skincare when I was younger mainly cause my skin was very oily and couldn't take all that moisture. However, as we age we loose those essential oils and especially during winter time when the air quality is dry, my skin really suffers and becomes irritated. Desperate one year, I walked into my nearest Sephora and found AMOREPACIIFIC, a Korean skincare line made from the most potent green tea leaves in the nutrient-rich soil of Jeju Island. If you have ever been to Jeju, you will feel like you have been transported to another world with its vast oceans, volcanic rocks and luscious greens and mountains. I was lucky enough to go in 2009 and was mesmerized by the endless golden canola flower fields and beautiful landscape and looking back now, I am not surprised at all by their achievement in skincare.
Below are a few of my favourite products from the brand
1. Treatment Toner: First step always is to tone the skin and this uniquely formulated toner in a pink bottle veils the skin in calming and soothing botanicals. It hydrates, balances and preps the skin for products following. Just use a cotton pad and sweep all over face, decollete avoiding eye area.
2. Moisture Bound Hydration Delivery System :- This second step can be moved if you would rather use it near the end as a mist but I use it right after the toner for extra moisture. It apparently refreshes with bamboo sap to energize dull skin and boost radiance. You can spray directly on face or use a cotton pad again to sweep all over face, decollete and again avoiding the eyes.
3. Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra Gel: An oil-free gel in a blue, this works to delay the sign of aging caused by the loss of moisture. If you have oily skin I would highly recommend this one as it doesn't break me out and promotes oil control. I also love the smell and the cooling effect it has which is a bonus. Apply all over face and neck with desired amount. Since I have very dry cheeks, after the gel I would apply the Shiseido Advance Revitalizing Cream on my cheeks only and nowhere else.
4. Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Eye Treatment Gel: I absolutely adore this eye gel cream as it is very delicate but locks in moisture like no other. A little goes a long way.
5. Moisture Bound Lip Treatment: This is a clear almost like a gel (liker everything else I have been recommending) and it veils over the lips for replenishment and long-lasting nourishment. This is also great over under lipsticks that are too drying for your lips.
6. Treatment Enzyme Peel: This is a really unique exfoliate (not a peel) because foams up almost like a cleanser when it contacts water. When you first use it you will probably think that you didn't scrub your skin at all but in actuality, it really exfoliates really well and is so delicate that it won't irritate you. It also comes in a unique pump that gives you just the right amount. I highly recommend you try this and it can be use everyday since it is so gentle.
Hopefully AMOREPACIFIC can aid you in finding a solution for dry dehydrated skin this winter. If you want to just try their products before the full purchase I recoomend their awesome essential kits which comes in handy when traveling also. Thanks for reading!
Shop the Products Below:
Welcome to my Blog!
A Vancouver based blog on fashion, beauty & lifestyle